The training center offers a three (3) mile track used to teach vehicle dynamics, coned skill courses, a road course, pursuit, and emergency response. There are three (3) towers allowing instructors the ability to run all electrical signs, lights, gates, security cameras, and for visual observation.
Driving Courses: The driving course is designed to teach precision driving skills within the urban environment, skid control, and high speed pursuit skills. The course is also used to teach crash investigation techniques. A skid Pan is included for teaching breaking and skid recovery skills.
Several viewing towers are located strategically on driving courses to videotape training events.
Specific courses offered:
- Executive Protection Advanced Driving - Practical training in advanced vehicle maneuvers and components of security motorcade operations.
- FTO driving evaluation - Prevent fleet crashes through identification, monitoring, and corrective action of driving.
- Supervisor Driving Evaluation - Assist in monitoring and evaluating the driving behavior of personnel.
- High Profile Vehicles - Learn the limitations and fundamental differences between a low and high profile vehicle using proper driving techniques.
- Fleet Vehicle Dynamics - Steering dynamics, limits of adhesion, relationship between speed and stopping distance, and different types of breaking.
Fleet Operations: Thirty-six vehicles are permanently assigned to the Driver Training Complex. Routine maintenance and repairs are conducted by fleet operations at the TTC.