DPS Media and eLearning creates online video and multimedia training to support all law enforcement officers across Texas.
We use 21st century media tools and insights to reach the widest Law Enforcement audience with accurate up-to-date information, and the quickest turnaround possible.
"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training."
We provide daily just-in-time audio visual support to the State Trooper Training Academy's many instructors and training specialists.
We document required milestones of Trooper cadet training during their six + months in the Academy, including Day-Zero Intake endurance challenge, situational live Taser scenarios, OC Spray gauntlet, Tactical Simulation Drills, and Trooper Class Graduation.
In a typical year, Media and eLearning will also work with departments across DPS creating video and eLearning modules for new training such as:
- Use of and defense against deadly force in Vehicle Close Quarter Battle
- Swift Water Rescue Emergency Response
- Dangers and Hazards Troopers experience - shown to all recruit classes – covers actual high speed pursuits, stationary vehicle crashes, emergency response, shoot outs.
- Arrest and Control Tactics - a reference for Troopers across the state
- Fraud Investigations
- Identity Theft
- Cyber Terrorism
- DNA Evidence Gathering
- How to Identify Victims and Suspects of Child Sex Crimes and Human Trafficking
- Tactical Emergency Casualty Care, Tactical Emergency Combat Casualty Care
- Border Patrol
- Leadership College
- Enforcing the Equal Protection Clause of the United States Constitution's fourteenth amendment
- Social Media outreach
- Law updates from the Texas Legislature