DPS NewsFebruary 19, 2020
June 10, 2021
June 8, 2021
June 3, 2021
Recent Press Releases
- June 14, 2021AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) recently announced the promotion of Susan Oballe to assistant chief for the Chief Auditor’s Office. The promotion, effective June 10, was approved at the June meeting of the Public Safety Commission (PSC). She’ll be stationed at DPS headquarters in Austin.
- June 10, 2021AUSTIN – The Texas Public Safety Commission (PSC) along with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Director Steven McCraw presented two Adolph Thomas Distinguished Service Awards and three Lifesaving Awards to department personnel at the PSC meeting on Thursday, June 10, at DPS Headquarters in Austin. One Director’s Award was also presented to a member of a partner agency at the meeting.
- June 8, 2021AUSTIN – Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive Tieon Lashad Legan is back in custody after investigators received a Crime Stoppers tip about his whereabouts. Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Special Agents and Tarrant County Sheriff’s deputies used the information to locate and arrest Legan at an apartment complex in Fort Worth on June 1. A reward of $7,500 will be paid to the tipster.
- June 3, 2021AUSTIN – On Monday, May 31, 2021, Texas Department of Public Safety Highway Patrol Troopers responded to a two-vehicle crash on US 83 and Suntex Road, just west of Rio Grande City, Texas.
- May 25, 2021AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Margaret Lorrain Smith to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list. Smith, 62, has been wanted since 2009 for fleeing during her capital murder case. Texas Crime Stoppers is now offering a cash reward of up to $7,500 for information leading to her arrest and capture.
- May 21, 2021AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) wants to remind drivers to travel safely as we close out May and head into the Memorial Day holiday. Monday, May 24, through Monday, May 31, Texas Highway Patrol Troopers will participate in Click It or Ticket, an enforcement campaign to encourage people to wear their seat belt, as well as Operation CARE (Crash Awareness Reduction Effort), looking for drivers who are intoxicated, speeding or breaking other traffic laws.
- May 18, 2021AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) remembered and paid tribute to Texas Highway Patrol Troopers, Texas Rangers and Special Agents who lost their lives in the line of duty at today’s 2021 Peace Officers Memorial Service.
- May 13, 2021AUSTIN – The former landlord of a Llano County woman who went missing in 2006 is now charged in her death. On May, 3, 2021, Jimmy Wolfenbarger, 57, of Lubbock, was indicted in Llano County on one count of murder in the November 2006 death of Holly Simmons, 46, of Buchanan Dam.