DPS NewsFebruary 19, 2020
September 21, 2021
September 17, 2021
September 16, 2021
September 15, 2021
Recent Press Releases
- September 21, 2021AUSTIN – Child Passenger Safety Week is Sept. 19-25, and the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) wants to remind the public that having your children properly secured in a car seat is crucial in reducing their risk of injury and death in a vehicle crash.
- September 17, 2021AUSTIN – The man wanted for throwing a Molotov cocktail at a church near the Capitol Complex on Aug. 31 has been arrested. Eleazar Dushimimana, 21, of Austin, was arrested Sept. 8. His arrest is the result of two Crime Stoppers tips, and multiple rewards will be paid.
- September 16, 2021AUSTIN – The Texas Military Department (TMD) and the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) today held a briefing at DPS’ regional headquarters in Weslaco to discuss progress made so far during Operation Lone Star (OLS), the mission to secure the southern border under the direction of Governor Greg Abbott.
- September 15, 2021AUSTIN – A Brazoria man is in custody on one count of murder in the 28-year-old homicide of San Antonio teenager Emily Jeanette Garcia. Thomas Ray Galindo, 50, was arrested on Friday at his home in Brazoria by the U.S. Marshals Gulf Coast Violent Offenders and Fugitive Task Force and transferred to Comal County, where the crime occurred, on Wednesday. He is charged with killing 15-year-old Garcia in February 1993.
- September 14, 2021AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is seeking information in the 1988 cold case homicide of 15-year-old Michael Flores, of Cameron County. An increased reward of up to $6,000 is now offered for information that leads to the arrest of those responsible if the tip is received before the next featured Texas Ranger cold case is announced. A $3,000 reward for information leading to an arrest is routinely offered on all cases on the Texas Rangers’ Cold Case website.
- September 13, 2021AUSTIN – Three of Texas’ Most Wanted are back in custody following arrests earlier this month, including one fugitive and two sex offenders. Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive Xavier Montreal Benard was arrested Sept. 3 in Houston. Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender Valentine Johnathan Price was arrested on Sept. 2 in Fort Worth, and Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender Henry Anthony Taylor was arrested on Sept. 8 in South Bend, Ind. A Crime Stoppers reward of $3,000 will be paid for Price’s capture.
- September 9, 2021AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Texas Military Department (TMD) are launching a weekly media briefing to discuss the progress of Operation Lone Star (OLS), Governor Abbott's initiative to secure our southern border. The briefings will be hosted by representatives from DPS and TMD.
- September 7, 2021AUSTIN – The reward for Margaret Lorrain Smith, a Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and this month’s featured fugitive, has been increased to $8,500 for information leading to her arrest if the tips are received during the month of September. Smith, 62, is wanted for capital murder.