DPS NewsFebruary 19, 2020
May 20, 2022
May 11, 2022
Recent Press Releases
- May 20, 2022AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) announces an increased reward for fugitive Hardy Carroll Lloyd, who is wanted for making terroristic threats. Texas Crime Stoppers is offering a cash reward of up to $1,000 for information that leads to Lloyd’s arrest. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
- May 17, 2022AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) remembered those lost in the line of duty throughout the department’s history at the 2022 Peace Officers Memorial Service today. Those honored included Sgt. Paul Mooney, Special Agent Dustin Slovacek, and Special Agent Anthony “AC” Salas. The ceremony was held at DPS Headquarters in Austin, with Public Safety Commission Chairman Steven P. Mach as the guest speaker.
- May 13, 2022[UPDATE: 5/13/2022: The reward for information leading to Lopez's arrest has been increased to up to $50,000.] AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added prison escapee Gonzalo Artemio Lopez to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives List. Lopez, 46, is wanted for escape and aggravated assault of a public servant. Texas Crime Stoppers is offering a cash reward of up to $7,500 for information leading to his arrest. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
- May 11, 2022AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is seeking information in the 1996 slaying of Kristen Lea Wilson, 29, of Houston. An increased reward of up to $6,000 is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of those responsible if the tip is received before the next featured cold case is announced. A $3,000 reward for information leading to an arrest is routinely offered on all cases on the Texas Rangers’ Cold Case website.
- May 6, 2022AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) commissioned 101 new Texas Highway Patrol Troopers from recruit class B-2021 during a graduation ceremony on Friday, May 6. The keynote speaker at the graduation was Texas Public Safety Commission (PSC) member Dale Wainwright.
- May 4, 2022AUSTIN – Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive David Daniel Boone has been named May’s Featured Fugitive. The reward is increased this month to $8,500 if information leading to his arrest is received from tips.
- May 2, 2022AUSTIN – Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive Kevin Garcia is back in custody after his arrest on April 27 in El Paso. No Crime Stoppers reward will be paid.
- April 26, 2022AUSTIN – Two of Texas’ 10 Most Wanted offenders are back in custody following their recent arrests. Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive Paul Berry III, of Houston, was arrested April 11 in Houston. Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender John McMickings, of El Paso, was arrested April 14 in Georgia. Crime Stoppers rewards will be paid in the arrest of both men.