The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) coordinates the dissemination of qualifying missing person and public safety advisories involving the below resource partners, known as the State Network:
- Texas Department of Transportation;
- National Weather Service*;
- Law Enforcement;
- Texas Lottery Commission;
- Independent Bankers Association of Texas;
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children*; and
- Texas Department of Public Safety.
*AMBER Alert Resource Only.
The goal of the State Network is to rapidly notify the public of urgent public safety situations and specific missing person cases, promoting tips and leads to law enforcement. Advisories can be issued within any Texas geographical area, including statewide.
Only a law enforcement agency or authorized entity can make a request to activate the State Network. Each alert program contains criteria designed to ensure network integrity and prevent public desensitization.
- AMBER Alert
- Silver Alert
- Blue Alert
- Endangered Missing Persons Alert
- Camo Alert
- CLEAR Alert
- Power Outage Alert
- Active Shooter Alert
Law Enforcement Resources: