Before visiting a driver license office, check our online options below. DPS offers these online services to make things faster and easier for you.
Driver License & ID Renewal Options
- Renew your driver license or ID
- Change your address on your driver license or ID
- Renew or Replacing Your DL or ID While You Are Out-of-State
- Track a driver license or ID that you recently renewed or changed
New Texas Driver License or ID
- Request a driver record (this website does not support Microsoft Edge Browser)
- Check your driving eligibility and see if you owe fees
Make an appointment at your local Driver License Office
Surcharges & the Driver Responsibility Program
- Pay reinstatement fees
- Find court information for failure to appear or failure to pay
- Request a hearing for a license suspension, cancellation, revocation, denial or disqualification
- Request an ALR hearing for a breath or blood test failure or refusal
Teen & Adult Driver Education
- Parent Taught Driver Education Programs
- Adult Driver Education Programs
- Impact Texas Drivers (ITD Program)
- For more information on Impact Texas Drivers (ITD Program)
CDL How to Videos
Services Provided by Other Agencies
Contact your local County Tax Assessor - Collector's office.
CDL Med Certs:
For Carriers, Drivers and State Driver License Agencies,
Contact the FMCSA Medical Certification
National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners Search
Fingerprint Applicant Services of Texas (FAST) Program:
Texas Fingerprint Scheduling
Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Records:
Birth Certificate must:
- Be issued by the city, county, or state of birth
- List the applicant's full name, date of birth and place of birth
- List the parent(s)' full name
- Have the signature of the city, county, or state registrar
- Have the date filed with registrar's office (must be within one year of birth)
- Have the seal of issuing authority
Local County Clerk's Office where the license was obtained.
District Clerk's Office where the divorce decree was filed.
For more information on Secondary Documents visit our Identification Requirements webpage.
Voter Registration Card:
Social Security Card:
Social Security Administration
- Services Provided by Other Agencies (DL-66) (PDF)
- Servicios prestados por otras agencias (DL-66S) (PDF)
The following companies provide official online services for DPS. You may be redirected to one of these sites depending on which service you select above.
NOTE: These are the only official DPS partner sites. Other websites that are not affiliated with DPS may offer these services for a higher cost.