It is vitally important for fingerprint-based applicant criminal history checks to be processed quickly, accurately and with as little hassle as possible. Employers, licensing agencies, applicants and public safety depend on it.
- Texas Scheduling
- FAST Program Acknowledgments, Complaints, Suggestions, and Questions please email ADB Support.
Texas law authorizes fingerprint-based criminal history checks for designated volunteers and employment or licensing applicants in a wide variety of areas such as child care providers, teachers, security and armed guards, security system contractors, and a host of others. The current methodology requiring submission of paper fingerprint cards, although effective, is centralized and may take several days to process. To overcome these problems, DPS released for bid a Request For Proposal (RFP) to deploy applicant fingerprinting service centers throughout Texas. To secure the best value for the state, the RFP declared the successful vendor as the only source of electronic submission for Texas fingerprint-based applicant criminal history checks. IDEMIA was selected as the vendor to implement the Fingerprint Applicant Services of Texas (FAST) and is working closely with the Texas Department of Public Safety to provide convenient applicant fingerprinting services throughout the state. For details on the FAST program, contact the DPS Fingerprint Services Unit.
- FAST Submission Locations
- Texas Review of Personal Criminal History (PDF)
- Documents to Prove Identity for Fingerprinting (PDF)
- Identification Requirements for Minors Fingerprinting (PDF)
- FACT Clearinghouse Web Services (PDF)
- FACT Clearinghouse User Guide (PDF)