1. Can the Customer Service Center schedule my road test for me?
No. The Customer Service Center does not have the ability to schedule road tests; however you can schedule, reschedule, or cancel your driving appointment online.
2. Do I have to apply for a driver license before I can schedule a driving exam?
Yes. You must apply for a driver license before scheduling a driving exam. There are several documents you will need to bring with you to apply for your first driver license. To make sure you are prepared for your visit, please review and/or print our checklist on What to bring with you when applying for a Texas Driver License or Identification Card. We also recommend you visit our webpage on How to apply for a Texas Driver License for more information regarding the steps you will need to take in order to complete the process.
3. How far in advance can you schedule a road test?
A road test can be scheduled up to 180 days in advance using our online appointment solution.
4. Do I have to provide my own vehicle for the driving test?
Yes, you will need to provide a vehicle along with proof of insurance for that vehicle for the road exam.
5. Do I have to be listed on the insurance policy for the vehicle I am using in my road exam to take the exam using that vehicle?
A named insurance policy only authorizes the individuals listed on the insurance card to drive the vehicle that is listed on the card. Therefore, if the vehicle has a named insurance policy, your name must be listed as an authorized driver. If the vehicle does not have a named insurance policy, proof showing that anyone is allowed to drive the vehicle must be provided.
6. I recently purchased a vehicle and it still has the paper license plates. Can this vehicle be used for my driving exam?
Yes, this vehicle can be used for a driving exam as long as the plates state that they are buyer plates and not dealer plates.
7. I'm from another state and my vehicle does not have a front plate, can I still use this for my driving test?
Yes, you may use a vehicle registered in another state, provided the vehicle complies with the registration laws in that state.
9. What vehicles do I need to bring to my motorcycle exam?
You must provide both the motorcycle and a vehicle and driver to follow you during the driving test for a motorcycle license.
10. I still cannot find the answer to my question, what do I do?
If you do not find the answer to your question listed here within our FAQ's, you can always contact our Customer Service Center for assistance.