Section 8: Failure to Appear and Failure to Pay (FTA/FTP)

November 18, 2020

1. How do I find out if I have outstanding citations?

In order to find out if you have any outstanding citations, please contact OmniBase at (800) 686-0570 or visit Failure to Appear/Failure to Pay Program

2. Why did I receive a Notice of Denial for Renewal of Texas Driver License letter?

You received this letter either because an in-state or out-of-state court has reported a Failure to Appear (FTA)/Failure to Pay (FTP) for a citation on your Texas driver license. Please contact the reporting agency for further assistance.

3. I have already paid my citations, why am I still suspended?

It may take up to 7 business days for tickets to clear the system. Please check your ticket status at Failure to Appear/Failure to Pay Program. If the citation is listed under "Closed Violations" then you may go to License Eligibility to verify what may be affecting your license eligibility.

NOTE: If the citation is listed under "Outstanding Violations" you must contact the court where the ticket was paid. DPS can only assist you once the citation is closed.

4. Can a license and permit specialist tell me if I have outstanding warrants?

No. License and permit specialists do not have access to warrant information. It will be necessary for you to contact the issuing city or county directly for additional information.

5. Why is my citation listed in both outstanding and closed violations in the failure to appear system?

Please contact Omnibase at (800) 686-0570.

6. Is there a statute of limitations on how many years a court has to report an offense to OmniBase?

No, there are no statute of limitations regarding outstanding violations. For more information, contact the court directly.

7. Why was I able to change my address before and now I am being denied a renewal?

All FTA and FTP's must be cleared from your driver record before you are able to renew your license. This type of denial will not prevent you from changing your address.

8. I called the court and they said that I do not have any outstanding citations. What do I do?

First, check to see if the citations were processed under an old ID number. Then, if that is not the case, please contact Omnibase at (800) 686-0570 for further assistance.

9. I still cannot find the answer to my question, what do I do?

If you do not find the answer to your question listed here within our FAQ's, you can always contact our Customer Service Center for assistance.