1. How do I order a driver record?
Driver Records can only be ordered online or by mail. Please visit How to Order a Driver Record for further information and instructions. You may also request your driver record by mail by completing and mailing the Application for Copy of Driver Record (DR-1) along with the appropriate fee. If you request it by mail, please allow up to three weeks for delivery.
2. I was charged twice for my driver record, how do I request a refund?
For inquiries regarding payment issues, please email our E-Commerce Section. Provide a brief explanation of the error along with your contact information. We will respond to your concern within 2 to 3 business days.
3. I do not have my audit number and I need to submit my driver record to the court as soon as possible. What can I do?
If you do not have your audit number you will be prompted to answer specific security questions to verify your identity in order to request your driver record online. If you do not have your audit number or cannot answer your security questions, it will be necessary for you to request your driver record by mail by completing and mailing the Application for Copy of Driver Record (DR-1) along with the appropriate fee. You may also contact the court directly to determine if they will grant you additional time (an extension) so that you may obtain your driver record.
4. There is a crash on my driver record that is not supposed to be there. How can I get it removed?
Please contact the Texas Department of Transportation at (800) 558-9368.
5. Which type of driver record do I need to order for defensive driving?
Most courts require you to provide a Type 3A driver record, however, it will be necessary for you to contact the court directly to determine the type of driver record they require for your case. Please visit How to Replace your Driver License, Commercial Driver License or ID Card for further information and instructions.
6. What is the password to print my driver record online?
The password to print your driver record is your driver license number.
7. I still cannot find the answer to my question, what do I do?
If you do not find the answer to your question listed here within our FAQ's, you can always contact our Customer Service Center for assistance.