LTC Appeal Process
Applicants or license holders may request an appeal for the following actions:
- Denial of an application for a license
- Suspension or revocation of a license
Appeal requests must be received within thirty (30) calendar days after receipt of notice of the proposed action.
See below for more details on the process for LTC hearings.
- Appeals are reviewed at an LTC hearing.
- LTC hearings are scheduled in the Justice of the Peace court.
- On receipt of a request for hearing from a license holder or applicant, the department shall schedule a hearing in the appropriate justice court in the county of residence of the applicant or license holder.
- The justice court shall conduct a hearing to review the denial, revocation, or suspension of the license.
- The justice court will render judgment/issue an order. This order can be appealed directly to the county court (at law) by either party.