Due to measures related to the Coronavirus, it may be difficult to schedule a fingerprint appointment at some Identogo locations. Please visit www.identogo.com or call Identogo at 888-467-2080 for the latest information.
Pursuant to Texas Occupations Code Chapter 1702, DPS must conduct a fingerprint based FBI Criminal History background check for new and renewal Private Security License applications including owners and company representatives.
Private Security applicants are required to submit fingerprints to DPS as part of a substantially complete application per TAC §35.21. Fingerprints must be submitted electronically with IdentoGO, unless the applicant qualifies for the Alternative Fingerprint Process.
- Submit application and payment via TOPS
- Within 1 hour you will receive an email from IdentoGO to schedule your fingerprint appointment. Please check your spam/junk folder if you do not see the email in your inbox
- The email will contain a link and your UE ID number.
- Click the link
- Click the box "UE ID / Date of Birth" (if not already selected)
- Enter your online receipt/trace number (example: 405P*******)
- Enter the remaining required fields as prompted
- Search for and select an enrollment center
- Select a date and time for your appointment
- Ensure you take your identification documents to your appointment