Armored Vehicles

August 30, 2020

LEAs wishing to acquire any type of armored vehicle must first submit the signed, completed Armored Vehicle Request form to for pre-approval, before submitting their request in the RTD website:

Once your request documents are approved, our office will notify you by email. MRAPs are seldom available, therefore they are an allocated commodity. For MRAP requests, your Agency is added to the Priority List and when an MRAP becomes available, our office will contact you with further instructions about the vehicle that's been assigned to your agency.

Since you do not own these vehicles, you will not be able to obtain a title, however you can register them for insurance purposes. Complete the below worksheet and submit to We'll send you back a Form 1928; which you will sign and take to the tax office for registration purposes.