1. Are fees submitted refundable or transferable?
No, in accordance with Texas Administrative Code §35.131, and as printed on all applications submitted to the Private Security Program, “fees submitted are non-refundable or transferable.”
2. Can I change an application or license from one application or license type to another (i.e, Non-Commissioned Security Officer to a Commissioned Security Officer)?
No. A new application must be submitted for the new license type, plus you must submit the appropriate fees.
3. How do I obtain a replacement pocket card or company license?
Sign on to TOPS and request a duplicate pocket card. The pocket card will be mailed to the individual's mailing address.
4. How do I notify DPS a licensed individual has been terminated from my company?
To notify DPS a licensed individual has been terminated from your company, please submit notice using the instructions found at Employee Terminations.
Note: A notification for termination states an employee was terminated by the current employer however, a termination notice does not remove the individual from the company employee listing in TOPS.
5. How do I get copies of my paperwork, certificates, files, etc?
Open Record Requests must follow the Texas Public Information Act, please refer to the following requirements and guidelines.