1. What does the Private Security Program accept as proof of business insurance?
The Private Security Program accepts proof of business insurance on the PSP-05 (PDF) (Certificate of Liability Insurance Form). The business name and information should match the business name and information that is on file with the Private Security Program.
2. My business license is under insurance suspension; can I pay my reinstatement fee online?
Yes, once you have submitted proof of insurance, any active business stakeholder can login to TOPS and submit the insurance reinstatement fee. Please see the Insurance Reinstatement payment instructions for step by step assistance.
3. How do I pay my insurance reinstatement fee?
Please see the Insurance Reinstatement payment instructions for step by step assistance.
4. Why was my insurance document denied?
The insurance document can be denied for multiple reasons, here are the most common denial reasons:
- The insured information (business name and address) does not match name/address on Private Security records
- Texas Insurance License Number is missing
- Missing signature
- Minimum limits are incorrect or missing