DPS NewsFebruary 19, 2020
August 12, 2022
August 4, 2022
Recent Press Releases
- August 12, 2022AUSTIN – As the new school year nears, the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) reminds drivers to use extra caution in and around school zones and neighborhoods. This includes knowing the Texas laws about driving near stopped school buses and not using cell phones when you’re behind the wheel. It also means utilizing the many safety resources available to parents, school staff and students.
- August 4, 2022AUSTIN – Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender Humberto Carreon Acosta is the Featured Fugitive for the month of August. The reward for information leading to his arrest is increased to $4,000 this month if it comes from tips.
- August 3, 2022AUSTIN – Three of Texas’ 10 Most Wanted offenders are back in custody following their recent arrests. Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive Cameron Bishop, of Greenville, was arrested July 14 in Commerce. Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive John Havener, of Abilene, was arrested July 24 in Durant, Okl. Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender Arthur Stevenson, of Fort Worth, was arrested July 27 in Fort Worth. A Crime Stoppers reward will be paid in Bishop’s arrest.
- July 28, 2022AUSTIN – On July 25, 2022, capital murder suspect José Baldomero Flores III pled guilty in a Bexar County courtroom in the killings of two women, Heather Willms and Esmeralda Herrera. Flores, 41, was sentenced to two life sentences to run consecutively and one charge of arson. The sentencing closes a Texas Ranger Unsolved Crimes Investigation Program (UCIP) case nearly two decades old.
- July 26, 2022AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added two fugitives to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Lists. Tanner Cole Lermon, of Lubbock, is on the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives List. Blaine Brandon McReynolds, of Dallas, is on the Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders List. Crime Stoppers is offering a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to each of their arrests. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
- July 25, 2022AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) graduated six new K-9 teams earlier this month, as the inaugural class for the Texas Highway Patrol Canine Tracking Operations Program. These teams will be strategically located in the border regions to track individuals who may otherwise not be found.
- July 22, 2022AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is seeking information in the 2002 slaying of Dannarriah Finley, 4, of Orange. An increased reward of up to $6,000 is being offered for information that leads to the arrest of those responsible if the tip is received before the next featured cold case is announced. A $3,000 reward for information leading to an arrest is routinely offered on all cases on the Texas Rangers’ Cold Case website.
- July 21, 2022AUSTIN – On July 8, 2022, Shelley Susan Thompson-Lemoine, 41, of Freeport, was arrested at the parole office in Angleton by the Texas Rangers and detectives from the Cleveland Police Department. Thompson-Lemoine now faces Capital Murder charges for the deaths of Antonio and Luz Rodriguez in 2005. Bond is set at $1 million dollars.