EL PASO – Last week, the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Special Agents, in collaboration with Texas Highway Patrol and the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, arrested nine people on state charges resulting from an 11-month investigation. During the course of the investigation, Agents seized nearly six ounces of cocaine and a handgun.
The DPS investigation, which initially focused on members and associates of the Barrio Azteca gang, led to eight suspects being arrested on felony manufacturing/delivering or possession of a controlled substance. One suspect was arrested for possession of marijuana, a Class B misdemeanor.
The case remains under investigation and additional charges and arrests are possible.
The following individuals were arrested:
- Alejandro Gomez, 30, of El Paso, Texas
- Jesus Orozco, 29, of El Paso, Texas
- Andre Lewis, 38, of El Paso, Texas
- Jose Vasquez, 42, of El Paso, Texas
- Arturo Jimenez, 62, of El Paso, Texas
- Gabriel Marez, 38, of El Paso, Texas (Class B misdemeanor)
- Taylor Gill, 27, of El Paso, Texas
- Tanya Ocampo, 27, of El Paso, Texas
- Vanessa Rodriguez, 30, of El Paso, Texas
### (DPS – West Texas Region)