EL PASO – On August 9-11,2022, the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Highway Patrol (THP) and Criminal Investigations Division (CID) in conjunction with Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), U.S. Border Patrol (USBP), and El Paso Police Department (EPPD) conducted a surge operation focusing on crime suppression in El Paso. The joint operation involved the arrests of wanted fugitives, drug offenders, human smugglers and those operating stash houses. Investigations also led to the apprehension of numerous undocumented non-citizens.
During the three-day operation officers arrested 27 individuals, referred 244 undocumented non-citizens to USBP, issued 23 traffic citations and 82 traffic warnings, and conducted five consensual searches. Investigators with DPS CID, HSI and USBP also furthered information obtained on traffic stops and initiated investigations during the operation.
Investigations are still ongoing and further arrests and charges are forthcoming.
The following individuals were arrested and/or charged and booked into the El Paso County Jail:
- Isaias Burciaga, 21, Human Smuggling
- Tegan Renee Hale, 23, Human Smuggling
- Edgar Santiago Munoz Navarro, 30, Human Smuggling
- Bryan Alberto Garcia Garcia, 22, Human Smuggling
- Alejandro Hernandez Munoz, 40, Human Smuggling
- Rigoberto Gragoso, 31, Aggravated Assault and Aggravated Assault w/ a Deadly Weapon
- Issac Najera Rangel, 20, Human Smuggling
- Hugo Manuel Molina, 18, Human Smuggling
- Jonathan Alexis Palacios Garcia, 18, Human Smuggling
- Jesus Beltran Ramirez, 19, Human Smuggling
- Jorge Ernesto Capuchin, 29, Human Smuggling
- Jose Luis Cruz Quintana, 43, Human Smuggling
- Leslie Munoz, 29, Felony Warrant for Arson
- Albert Javier Cardenas, 35, Warrant for a Federal Bond Violation (Human Smuggling)
- Giovanni Ruiz, 18, Human Smuggling/Possession of Marijuana
- Maria Leon, 41, Human Smuggling
- Jesus Antonio Rodriguez-Bermudez, 33, Human Smuggling
- Joseph Bayona-Rodriguez, 29, Human Smuggling
- Jesus Adrian Medina Lopez, 31, Human Smuggling
- Erick Munoz-Grimaldo, 18, Human Smuggling
- Juan Jose Robles Ricario, 43, Human Smuggling
- Chibli Lorenzo Antonio De Santiago, 22, Human Smuggling
- Edgar S. Munoz-Navarro, 30, Human Smuggling
- Lazaro Manuel Campana-Fresneda, 42, Human Smuggling
- Benjamin Rodriguez, 28, Parole Violation
- Derek Aguirre, 20, Human Smuggling and Evading arrest w/a vehicle
- Juan Froylan Estrella, 18, Possession of a Controlled Substance (PG2)
These investigations highlight the partnership between local, state and federal law enforcement partners working together to combat human trafficking. If you are a victim of human trafficking or have information about this type of criminal activity, please contact the National Human Trafficking Hotline at (888) 373-7888. Citizens are also encouraged to report suspicious activity to the U.S. Border Patrol while remaining anonymous by calling 1-800-635-2509.
(### DPS West Texas Region)