EL PASO – Since last week, Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Special Agents, in collaboration with multiple agencies, have arrested fifteen (15) individuals on state charges and other crimes resulting from a yearlong investigation. Additionally, as a result of this ongoing investigation, multiple drug and weapon seizures have occurred.
The investigation initially targeted members and associates of the Chuco Tango, Surenos, Barrio Azteca and Varrio Glenwood prison and street gangs. The individuals arrested were charged with allegedly engaging in organized criminal activity and the manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance – penalty group 1, among other charges.
The following agencies assisted DPS Special Agents and the Texas Highway Patrol with serving arrests warrants, including Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and El Paso Police Department. All of the individuals were booked into the El Paso County Jail, and some were rebooked due to already being incarcerated. Additionally, one suspect was already in the custody of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) and will be served with additional charges.
The following individuals were arrested:
- Albert Josue Rodriguez Hernandez, 25, of El Paso, Texas
- Andrew Benitez, 21, of El Paso, Texas (in TDCJ)
- Annette Cardona, 19, of El Paso, Texas
- Crystal Arellano, 28, of El Paso, Texas
- Eileen De Santiago, 36, of El Paso, Texas
- Fernando Pacheo Martinez, 35, of El Paso, Texas
- George Andres Solis, 36, of El Paso, Texas
- Jeanette Stevens, 31, of El Paso, Texas
- Joshua Nick Lujan, 22, of El Paso, Texas
- Juan David De Santiago, 32, of El Paso, Texas
- Luis Enrique Frias, 25, of El Paso, Texas
- Ruby Ann Herrera, 38, of El Paso, Texas
- Sarah Elizabeth Arellano, 23, of El Paso, Texas
- Jesus Antonio Villezcas, 40, of El Paso, Texas
- Raymond Acosta, 31, El Paso, Texas
### (DPS - West Texas Region)