Skip to main content

Military Personnel

All vehicles on military installations in emission counties are required to be in compliance with the emission testing program.

Relocating to Texas?  Follow the instructions on our New to Texas page.

Temporarily in Texas, with a vehicle registered in another state?  You will require an emission test if your military installation is in an emission county.  Further information can be found on our Vehicle Registered in Another State page.

Texan in Another State?  More information can be found on our Texas Registered Vehicle in Another State page.

My Texas registered vehicle is currently in another state. Are there special inspection exemptions that apply to me?
Some states have special exemptions for out of state students or military personnel. Contact the local DMV to ensure that you are in compliance with the inspection laws. Otherwise, follow the inspection laws of that state as listed above.