Training Operations (TOD)
IPC is designed to make patrol officers aware of the variety of resources available to assist them in establishing the status of a child who may be missing, exploited, or at risk of exploitation and what courses of action are immediately available.
Upon completion, attendees will:
- Know resources available to them and courses of action to take when encountering an endangered child.
- Be able to identify research supported indicators of an endangered child and a high risk threat to children.
- Have a basic understanding of behavioral patterns of both suspects and victims.
- Know how to articulate their findings that are supported through research.
- Requesting agencies can receive the 2-day basic course or request a 5 day Train-the-Trainer course.