School Accreditation

September 3, 2020

Applicants must have the minimum of 60 earned college credit hours or an Associate’s Degree from a Regional Accredited college or university in place of active military duty or law enforcement experience. College transcripts will only be accepted from a Regional Accredited college or university that is recognized by the United States Department of Education.

Below are the approved Regional bodies:

  • Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACCJC)

  • Higher Learning Commission (HLC)

  • Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)

  • New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)

  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)

  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)

  • WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)

The goal of accreditation is to ensure that education provided by institutions of higher education meets acceptable levels of quality. Accrediting agencies, which are private educational associations of regional or national scope, develop evaluation criteria and conduct peer evaluations to assess whether or not those criteria are met. Institutions and/or programs that request an agency's evaluation and that meet an agency's criteria are then "accredited" by that agency.

For more information on accreditation in the United States, please visit: U.S. Department of Education