Qualify with Reserve Military Time

September 3, 2020

Members of the reserve components of the armed forces of the United States and National Guard personnel would be eligible to use their military time in lieu of college to apply to become a Texas State Trooper. Reserve or National Guard personnel who have accumulated 730 retirement points or have 6 years’ service in the Reserve or National Guard would be eligible to apply as the Texas State Trooper. Retirement points or service would need to be verified by the individual’s Retirement Points Accounting Management (RPAM), NGB Form 23, Retirement Points Accounting System (RPAS) or AHRC Form 249-2-E. The DD-214 and the RPAM are both required documents to start the trooper trainee application process.