Applicants with military service must submit a certified copy of their most current military history form (DD-214 Member-4 Copy, or NGB-22) with the required forms and documents once they have been approved through the pre-screen process.
Military service will be reviewed using the following guidelines:
- Applicants who possess an honorable discharge will be eligible for further consideration.
- Applicants who possess a general discharge under honorable conditions should be considered; however, all disciplinary action must be thoroughly investigated and an evaluation of military performance must be made in order to determine if the applicant is eligible for further consideration.
- Applicants with a reentry code 4 may be considered; however, all cases will be thoroughly investigated and evaluated in order to determine if the applicant is eligible for further consideration.
- Any applicant who possesses a dishonorable discharge or bad conduct discharge shall be rejected and the applicant process will be discontinued.
- Applicants whose discharge from military service was for ineptitude, unsuitability, undesirability, or like causes will be rejected.
Contact DPS Recruiting toll free at: