NOTICE: The Online Texas Metals Recycler Training Course is currently unavailable. Please check back for further updates. (09/20/2021)
1. What is the Online Texas Metals Recycler Training?
The Online Texas Metals Recycler Training is an online training course MRE Owners are required to complete, per Texas Administrative Code §36.34 It contains information about laws and regulations necessary to operate an MRE in the state of Texas.
2. How do I access the Online Texas Metals Recycler Training?
Users can go to the Online Texas Metals Recycler Training after they have received an email notifying them of their registration. All MRE Owners should receive a confirmation email. If you have not received a notification and believe you should have access to the training, contact DPS.
4. I am in my training account; however, I can't find the training. What should I do?
First, ensure you are using the Mozilla Firefox browser. The training is not compatible with Internet Explorer. If you are in the correct browser and still do not see the training under enrollments, contact DPS.
5. I have multiple locations. Do I have to retake the training every time one of my locations is up for renewal?
No. The Online Texas Metals Recycler Training is valid for two (2) years from the competition date and can be applied to all location renewals within that timeframe.
6. Can I have all of my employees take the Online Training?
Yes. The Online Metals Recycler Training is required for MRE Owners; however, anyone can take the training. To set up other accounts, provide DPS with the names and email addresses of all users you would like to take the training. DPS will set up their user accounts and they will be able to access the training. Only MRE Owners are required to provide certificates of completion.