Compassionate Use Program dispensary director, owner, and employee applicants are required to submit fingerprints to DPS as part of a substantially complete application per Administrative Rule §12.12. Fingerprints must be submitted electronically with IdentoGo, unless the applicant qualifies for the Alternative Fingerprint Process.
- An application must be on file in order to submit fingerprints. The applicant will be notified by the Department to submit fingerprints after an application has been received.
- Login to IdentoGo (ensure service code 11HJ56 - Texas DPS-Compassionate Use Program is used.)
- Select Schedule or Manage Appointment
- Enter personal information as prompted
- Enter your online receipt number
- Enter the remaining information as prompted
Note: If there are no electronic fingerprinting appointments available within three business days, you may submit a complaint to DPS at Fingerprint Applicant Services of Texas (FAST).
To accommodate applicants who do not currently reside in the state of Texas, the Department will provide an alternate fingerprint process.
Applicants who qualify for the alternate fingerprint process must first submit an application. After the application has been submitted, please contact RSD by phone at 512-424-7293 or by email to request a fingerprint packet. Once the application has been validated, the fingerprint packet along with detailed instructions will only be mailed to applicants who meet the criteria for the alternate fingerprint process.
Any applicant who resides in Texas must submit fingerprints electronically though the Fingerprinting Services.
Note: Rolled ink fingerprints may only be taken at a law enforcement agency by an employee of that agency. The fee for this service will vary by law enforcement agency. The fee must be paid to the law enforcement agency. Processing ink-rolled fingerprints will require additional review and handling.