Texas Health & Safety Code §481.111(e) (2) provides the statutory guidelines for what dispensing organizations are legally authorized to possess.
1. What is the Compassionate Use Registry of Texas (CURT)?
- CURT is the system that allows physicians to register and prescribe low-THC cannabis to patients with certain medical conditions.
- Once prescribed, dispensing organizations can search for the patient in the system and dispense the medication according to the prescription.
2. Who needs to register in CURT?
Physicians who wish to prescribe low-THC cannabis to qualifying patients must register in CURT. Patients do not register in CURT; their prescriptions are entered by their physicians.
3. Is CURT available to physicians, dispensing organizations and law enforcement 24hrs a day?
The Compassionate Use Registry of Texas (CURT) system is available to physicians and dispensing organizations 24-hours a day.
Law enforcement can call the Department to verify a patient or dispensing organization employee's status, Monday – Friday, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm at (833) 244-6702.