Skip to main content

Consumer Complaints

If you become aware of a potential criminal or administrative violation of  Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 1702, by a licensed or unlicensed company or individual in the Private Security industry, you may submit a written statement to the Regulatory Services Division (RSD). You may submit your statement in any of the following ways:

After you submit your complaint

A complaint will be reviewed and evaluated by a Private Security staff member at DPS Headquarters; then the complaint could be forwarded to a commissioned field agent for criminal investigation. The assigned agent may contact you during the course of the investigation.

Records Requests

Public access to certain records of disciplinary action is available, toll-free at (800) 224-5744.