TOPS Home Page Navigation
Account Creation and Forgot Password
- Account Creation: Current licensees and applicants with paid applications will need to create an account. Login is accomplished through a combination of unique email address plus password. Once the account has been created and verified, users can log in from any device.
- Forgot Password: Once the account has been created, Forgot Password allows users to reset a forgotten password.
- Detailed information is available in the Account Creation user guide found on our Application Instructions page.
Start New Application
- Individuals and businesses that have not been licensed by DPS should use the "Start Individual Application" or "Start Business Application" buttons to start a new application.
- Current licensees and individuals with paid applications in progress, including owner/manager/partner/shareholders, should use the Sign-In process to submit new, renewal, and update applications.
Search License function allows search for information on individuals or companies licensed by the Private Security program. To achieve the most accurate search results, it may be necessary to specify multiple search criteria. This means adding additional terms in the search box below. For example, suppose a search for 'Yorke' returns too many results. You can additionally specify the registration number, first name, state, zip and license type to narrow the search results. In contrast, suppose a search for 'Yorke' returns no results. You can expand your search by including an asterisk 'York*'.