Helpful Resources on COVID-19
- Texas Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information: Learn about the State of Texas’ response to COVID-19, where to find testing and how you can help.
- COVID-19 Testing Sites (Texas Division of Emergency Management)
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
- COVID-19 Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Governor Abbott’s Executive Orders (Legislative Reference Library of Texas)
For your safety, the below file contains information about DPS locations where an employee has tested positive for COVID-19.
DPS Updates on COVID-19 Response:
(February 12, 2021) DPS Issues Official 60-Day Notification that DL Expiration Waiver Ends in April: AUSTIN – DPS has officially issued the 60-day notice that the COVID-related waiver on expiration dates for driver licenses (DLs) and identification cards (IDs) ends on April 14, 2021. The expiration waiver, originally granted by Governor Greg Abbott in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, applied to DLs, commercial DLs, commercial learner permits, ID cards and election identification certificates that expired on or after March 13, 2020.