File Management and Property Accounting
All records must be maintained in accordance with the DLA State Plan of Operation (SPO).
- DEMIL A & Q6 (non-controllable) – Records must be retained for two (2) calendar years from the date the property is removed from the LEA's property book and may then be destroyed
- DEMIL B-Q3 (controllable) – Records must be retained for five (5) calendar years from the date the property is removed from the LEA's property book and may then be destroyed
Files that must be retained include (but not limited to):
- Original 1348s, Transfer docs, Turn-in docs, DD-200s, Applications for participation, State Plan of Operation, Addendums, Memorandums and all documentation concerning Weapons, Aircraft, Tactical Vehicles and Controllable Property (including ATF-5 & 10, Requests, Justification Letters, Demil Memos, turn-ins, transfers etc)
The Chief Executive Official and/or Authorized Official of the LEA is responsible for all LESO Program controlled property.
LEAs must have 100% accountability of all Controlled Property.
- All property received must be physically inventoried annually and certified by August 31 through FEPMIS (link below)
- DEMIL A & Q6 Property in use for less than one year, has the same requirements. After one year, ownership is transferred to the LEA and will no longer appear on the LEAs inventory