Requirements for Communications Operator
- Graduation from a standard senior high school or the equivalent.
- Must qualify for and obtain TLETS and TCIC/NCIC Terminal Operator
certification within six (6) months of employment.
- Must qualify for and obtain Basic Telecommunicator Proficiency Certificate
from Texas Commission on Law Enforcement within twelve (12) months of employment.
- Previous law enforcement experience is not necessary, but, helpful.
- The person filling this position must be able to work individually with minimal supervision.
- Applicants must have the ability to operate computers systems, speak clearly,
perform multiple duties simultaneously, comprehend and process written and verbal directions.
- Skill in dealing with the public and other law enforcement personnel.
- Ability to operate computer systems.
- Must pass medical and psychological screening.
- Ability to tolerate confinement to work area for duration of work shift.
- Ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously.
- Ability to comprehend and execute written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to tolerate and react to high stress situations and
emergencies while maintaining composure.