Applicants with military service must submit a certified copy
of their most current military history form (DD-214 Member-4 Copy,
or NGB-22) with the required forms and documents once they have
been approved through the pre-screen process.
Military service will be reviewed using the following guidelines:
- Applicants who possess an honorable discharge will be eligible for further consideration.
- Applicants who possess a general discharge under honorable
conditions should be considered; however, all disciplinary
action must be thoroughly investigated and an evaluation
of military performance must be made in order to determine
if the applicant is eligible for further consideration.
- Any applicant who possesses a dishonorable discharge or bad
conduct discharge shall be rejected and the applicant
process will be discontinued.
- Applicants whose discharge from military service was for
ineptitude, unsuitability, undesirability, or like causes
will be rejected.
- Applicants with a reentry code 4 will be rejected and the
application process will be discontinued.
Contact DPS Recruiting toll free at: