Application for MRE Registration must be submitted through Texas Online Metals (TOM).
Supplemental Document Requirements
All Metals applicants will be required to submit the following supplemental documentation to DPS as part of the complete Metals application:
- Businesses must have a Certificate of Existence (COE) issued by the Texas Secretary of State. During the online application process, users may choose to upload or fax the COE.
- Any permits as required by city or county where business is conducted.
- All locations conducting services regulated by Texas Occupations Code, Section 1956 must be registered under the DPS Metals Dealer Registration section of the online application. Separate certificates must be issued for each Metals location.
All Metals Recycling Entities (MREs) must meet the following personnel requirements before the application can be approved:
- Stakeholders (Owners, Corporate Officers, Partners, Shareholders) must not have a disqualifying criminal history.
- Statutory Agents must not have a disqualifying criminal history.
- Statutory Agent for each location conducting services regulated by Texas Occupations Code, Section 1956.
- A valid email address for business contacts
- A valid credit card is required for payment of the online application. Accepted credit cards are: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Fees Are Not Refundable.
An email will be sent to each MRE approximately 45 days before certificate expiration. Please check your Junk or Spam Email folder, if you have not seen this email in your inbox. Please direct your Metals Recycling questions to Contact Us.