Supplemental Document Requirements
All Metals applicants will be required to submit the following supplemental
documentation to DPS as part of the complete Metals application:
- Businesses must have a Certificate of Existence (COE) issued by the Texas
Secretary of State. During the online application process, users may
choose to upload or fax the COE.
- Any permits as required by city or county where business is conducted.
- All locations conducting services regulated by
Texas Occupations Code, Section 1956
must be registered under the DPS Metals Dealer Registration section of the online application.
Separate certificates must be issued for each Metals location.
All Metals Recycling Entities (MREs) must meet the following personnel
requirements before the application can be approved:
- Stakeholders (Owners, Corporate Officers, Partners, Shareholders) must not have a disqualifying criminal history.
- Statutory Agents must not have a disqualifying criminal history.
- Statutory Agent for each location conducting services regulated by
Texas Occupations Code, Section 1956.
- A valid email address for business contacts
- A valid credit card is required for payment of the online application.
Accepted credit cards are: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Fees Are Not Refundable.