HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT
(Print these instructions so you may
have them on hand while reviewing the Personnel Complaint Affidavit. Click the
print button on your browser.)
- If you have not already read the section entitled
"Complaint Investigation and Resolution",
it is recommended you do so now.
Complaints should be submitted in writing
on one of the forms below with your signature affixed.
If you are 18 years of age or older, use
the Personnel Complaint Affidavit for persons 18 and older (PDF). If you are
under 18 years of age, use the Personnel Complaint Affidavit for persons
under 18 (PDF).
- Fill in each blank with the requested information.
Blank pages may be inserted between the first page and the signature page
if additional space is needed.
In the body of the affidavit, in a narrative
form, give a concise statement of the nature of the complaint, including
all relevant facts. The more information you can provide, the better it
is for the investigator. If known, name the DPS employee you are complaining
against or give sufficient information to allow the Department to identify
the employee. Please include your address and telephone number so the
investigator can contact you.
- After you have completed the narrative portion
of the appropriate Personnel Complaint Affidavit, sign it as required.
- The completed and signed affidavit may be
filed by mail or in person with the employee's supervisor or the Office of Inspector General at the Department's headquarters in Austin.
- The Office of Inspector General does not investigate complaints concerning traffic citations or criminal charges when an individualís guilt or innocence is the only issue in question.
Please mail or fax your completed affidavit to:
Texas Department of Public Safety
Office of Inspector General
13706 Research Blvd., Suite 100
Austin, TX 78750
Fax: (512) 424-5769