File Management and Property Accounting
All records must be maintained in accordance with the DLA Memorandum of Agreement (MOA).
- DEMIL A (non-controllable) – Records must be retained for two (2) calendar years from the date the property is removed from the LEA’s property book and then may be destroyed
- DEMIL B-Q6 (controllable) – Records must be retained for five (5) calendar years from the date the property is removed from the LEA’s property book and then may be destroyed
Files that must be retained include but not limited to:
- Original 1348-1A received with the property plus any of the following
- Transfer, Turn-in, form 103, DD-200 and accompanying 1348-1As.
- Applications for participation, including any of the following
- Release of Liability, Supplemental Data Sheet, State Plan of Operation, Memorandums etc
- All documentation concerning Weapons, Aircraft, Tactical Vehicles and Controllable Property including any of the following
- ATF-5 & 10, EOC, EOV and EOA Requests, Justification Letters, Demil Memos, turn-ins, transfers etc
The Chief Executive Official and/or Authorized Official of the LEA is responsible for all 1033 Program controlled property.
LEAs must have 100% accountability of all Controlled Property.
- All property received must be inventoried annually by December 1 through FAMWEB (link below).
- DEMIL A Property in use for less than one year, has the same requirements. After one year, title is transferred to the LEA and will no longer appear on the LEAs inventory.
- All transfers, turn-ins and disposals will be requested and managed through FAMWEB. Contact the State Coordinators Office for approval and for further instructions on how to submit your request.