Visit the TEXAS HURRICANE CENTER webpage for
    Hurricane Harvey-related information and resources

Tactical Vehicles

Certain tactical vehicles that used to be non-controllable, are now considered "Restricted" (based on NSN). Please contact the Texas LESO office to determine the vehicle types that may be on the current Restricted list. Agencies wishing to request any type of tactical vehicle must first submit several documents to for pre-approval before submitting a request in the website. Use the below guide to determine which forms are required depending on the desired vehicle(s):

Agencies will not ever be able to obtain a title to Tactical Vehicles as they will always belong to DoD, but you can register them for insurance purposes if desired.  Submit the following "Worksheet" to txlesoprogram@dps.texas.govA 1928 form will be emailed to you which you can take to the tax office to register your tactical vehicle.